Recent Fellowships & Grants
- 2017, 2018: Seaver Grant for Digital Interactive Project on the Florentine Codex, as one of four Principal Investigators of a project organized by the Getty Research Institute.
- 2014-15: Getty Research Institute Scholars Grant.
- 2011-12: National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship.
- 2010: UCLA American Indian Studies Center Small Grant.
Grants Related to Service
- 2017-19, Tinker Foundation Graduate Field Research Grant, as Principal Investigator (P.I.) of UCLA Latin American Institute (LAI).
- 2014-18, US Dept. of Education, National Resource Center, as P.I. of UCLA LAI.
- 2014-18, US Dept. of Education, Foreign Language Area Studies, Title VI, as P.I. of UCLA LAI.
- 2014-17, Lemann Foundation Grant for Support of Brazilian Students at UCLA, as one of two principal grant writers, as Director of UCLA LAI.
- 2011-14, Faucett Family Foundation Grants for Graduate Research on Latin America, as Director of UCLA LAI.
- 2003-05, Los Angeles County Community Development Foundation, as Faculty-in-Residence, co-sponsor of two grant proposals to initiate and sustain a community partnership between Ujima Village, a housing community in Watts, and the UCLA Office of Residential Life.