- Introduction to Colonial Latin America (History 8A)
- Early Latin America (History 157A)
- Indians of Mexico (History 157B)
- Latin America in the Nineteenth Century (History 166)
- Race and Gender in Latin America (History 170)
Seminars (History 197)
- Indigenous Responses to Colonial Rule; Religion in Colonial Latin America;
- The Mesoamerican Community; Race and Gender in Mexico.
Fiat Lux (freshman) Seminars (History 19)
- Ujima Village: History of an African-American Community in Los Angeles (2 parts);
- Nahuatl Language and History; Indigenous Views of the Conquest of Mexico
- Elementary Nahuatl (International Area Studies M5A, M5B, M5C), cross-listed with Chicana/o Studies and Indigenous Languages of the Americas, co-taught with native Nahuatl-language speaker, Eduardo de la Cruz. Elementary_Nahuatl_M5A_2017_syllabus.
- Intermediate Nahuatl (International Area Studies M15A, M15B, M15C), cross-listed with CS and ILA, co-taught with Eduardo de la Cruz. Intermediate_Nahuatl_M15A_2017_syllabus.
- Advanced Nahuatl (International Area Studies M25A, M25B, M25C), cross-listed with CS and ILA, co-taught with Eduardo de la Cruz.